Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two Weeks, Baby!

Dear Abby,

Happy two weeks! We celebrated today with Daddy having a "light day" (as light as you get in your last semester and working) and coming home to spend the day with us. Sadly, our activities for the day have consisted of taking you to the doctor for your two week appointment, and cuddling you since you seem to have a cold. There is nothing that has broken my heart more than seeing you sick. Oh, and we did spice up the day with you blowing out your diaper. Luckily, you seem to be liking baths a little more now. Dad was even able to give it himself and you didn't thrash or anything. We've found that if we turn on the heater in the bathroom, and have your towel warm for when you get out, you do so much better. Not that I blame you, I wish Dad would put my towel in the drier to be nice and toasty warm when I get out of the shower!

We can't believe two weeks have already passed. It's been the best two weeks of our lives, hands down. Even sick, you hardly cry.

I read some advice today about the first few weeks with a new baby. The top piece of advice read, "Let your house go to shambles." Done and done. That house is in shambles, there is a pile of laundry at the bottom of the bed the size of Mt. Rushmore and it is rare that dishes are caught up. But, you know what Abs? I haven't missed a moment with you.

I hope you know you are loved.

Looking forward to many more weeks!

Love--Mommy

PS: Two week stats were 7lbs. 5.5oz; 20 in; head circumference 36cm.

1 comment: